NETPlanners Portal / Smart Strategic Planner
Support for optical network developments
Support for the preparation, planning and implementation of optical network developments – for telecommunications providers and investors
Due to the outstanding advantages of fiber-optic cable communication, all new telecommunications backbone networks are based on fiber-optic cables. In order for this network option to be available to everyone and provide almost unlimited bandwidth, huge improvements are needed in the area of access and aggregation networks. The long-term solution is if the optical cable reaches end users and mobile base stations.
In smaller and larger regions and settlements, the implementation of fiber-optic access and aggregation networks is a costly and time-consuming investment, during which, in addition, several prerequisites must be met. Many business and technical decisions have to be made during the preparation of the optical network design, the detailed design, and the implementation. Netvisor’s NETPlanners Portal’s product helps the main contractor, the investor, the designers and the constructors in every phase of this complex work.
click to zoom image
NETPlanners Portal throughout the entire life cycle of network development projects
- Ensure the technical and commercial preparation of the design of the optical network
- Supports the process of detailed permitting and construction planning with editing tools that are an integral part of the framework, with a set of tools that can be flexibly customized for display, automated control, data provision and data extraction
- Supports the management of the construction project with scheduling and geospatial data, ensuring its collaboration contributing to the implementation
Advantages of using NETPlanner Portal / Smart Strategic Planner (SSP)
Optimized automatic access and transport network planning
Our product provides automatic planning of access and transport networks. Compared to traditional planning, this guarantees much more optimal results from both technical and cost points of view, by planning networks with thousands of endpoints in minutes, and by producing fiber-level technology-specific plan alternatives. Automatic planning has been implemented for GPON, VDSL, HFC, AETH, P2P, DWDM, IP and 5G fronthaul technologies.
SSP accelerates the planning and construction of the access (NGA) and transport networks. The exact installation costs of a given region's network can be determined quickly and cost-effectively.
The portal supports efficient work with automated data cleaning and manual editability, whether we are doing strategic level planning or construction planning. For designers, manual intervention is provided at any point in the design.
Thanks to its flexible structure, SSP also supports future technologies, regional regulations and specific requirements of manufacturers and service providers.
Cloud-based, simultaneous access for all project participants
During the planning of the optical network and the construction project, all stakeholders can simultaneously and easily access the data relevant to them through the web-accessible portal.
In addition to complex authorization management, the portal enables decision makers and planners to efficiently create, modify and analyze versioned network plans and surveyed business and planning information.
The status, progress and results of the planning and implementation can be easily followed even with any number of participants, and even nationwide network developments can be managed through a single central interface. NETPlanners Portal is therefore a worktable based on a unified geospatial network model that can be customized to company processes and supports joint group work.
The export of the results produced in the design system can be flexibly adapted to the customer’s needs
From the plans to the final documentation, the data is stored in a geospatial database containing the attributes of the objects, which enables querying, processing and display according to needs.
Detailed GIS-based plans and cost calculations (BOM: bill of materials and CAPEX report) can be used immediately for both equipment and construction procurement and overall management of the installation project.
With FME Server integration, our system manages more than 450 different types of data sources, the most typical of which are Oracle, PostGIS, MSSQL databases, Excel files, AutoCAD DWG drawings and Esri Shape files.
It supports various processes throughout the entire project life cycle
The project participants can communicate with each other more easily, which helps the project to be completed on time. Late or non-scheduled performance can be quickly identified thanks to real-time tracking.
Thanks to the flexible design of the system, user roles, managed data and their interfaces, and supported processes can be customized effectively.
Provision of information and data files necessary for the planning and implementation of NGA networks
By designing the access networks implemented on the portal, the important information can be automatically generated, which greatly increases the efficiency and quality of the design. Such information includes, among others:
- Roadmap conformity assessment (Portal background processes)
- Overview site plan (Portal extract)
- Roadmap (Portal extract)
- Straight line drawing scaled on paper space layouts (Portal extract)
- Straight line drawing (Portal extract)
- Fiber allocation drawing (Portal extract in part)
- Directing installation drawing (Partial Portal extract)
- Damping calculation (Portal extract)
- List of cables (Portal extract)
- List of bindings, type (Portal extract)
- List of affected properties (Portal extract)
- List of anchor points (Portal extract)
- Generating trail markers (Portal extract)
- Quantity specification: material and work process (Portal extract)
- Duct and cable planning, pipe image (Portal extract in part)
- Production of NMHH license procurement document (Portal extract)
- Calculating DTR (Defective Uptime Rate) (Portal Extract)
- Vulnerability and utilization calculated by section (Portal extract)
- Designer cooperation with related projects running in parallel (Portal service)
- Designer cooperation with professional designers commissioned by the service provider (Portal service)
- Planning cooperation with participating authorities and utility operators (Portal service)
- Homogeneous data structure suitable for migration to geospatial technical records (Portal extract)
- SZIP (Superfast Internet Project) reference design
- Preparation of SZIP tender plans
(Magyar Telekom, Invitel stb.)
- GSM-R 2 optical network planning
- HBONE/Student network
- MÁV network consolidation